Individual supporters have an opportunity to make a difference and help victims become strong, independent young women. To make a donation, or for more information email Giving@streetlightusa.org.
Ways in which you can support StreetLightUSA:
Gifts of cash are the most popular form of giving, and the easiest. They are fully deductible for federal income tax purposes up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. Residents of Arizona qualify for a tax credit for gifts up to $200 for individual filers or $400 for couples.
- Give online with your debit or credit card
- Give by phone at (623) 435-0900
- Give by mail, by filling out a printer-friendly form
Looking for a special way to honor your living relative, friend, colleague, or loved one? Wondering what to give the person who has everything? Make a tribute gift to StreetLightUSA. Celebrate your spouse’s birthday, parents’ anniversary, friend’s wedding or retirement with an alternative gift in their honor.
A Memorial Gift is a beautiful testimony to the life of a beloved loved one or pet who has passed on. Instead of asking for flowers, ask your loved ones to donate those funds to StreetLightUSA.
A gift of appreciated securities that you have owned for over a year is deductible at fair market value, in amounts up to 30% of your adjusted gross income.
Just like with cash, amounts exceeding this limit may be deducted for up to five additional years. You also avoid paying any long-term capital gains tax on the increased value of appreciated securities. Other marketable securities, such as bonds, Treasury Bills or mutual funds, provide similar tax-saving advantages.
For information on donating securities please call Lea Benson, President & CEO at 623-435-0900, ext. 102
Many people want to leave a legacy that speaks to their life, values and commitments with a gift that makes a difference in perpetuity. If you are looking to establish an estate plan or to revise an existing plan, why not leave a portion of your estate to StreetLightUSA.
Remembering charity in your will or estate plan can:
- significantly reduce your tax liability;
- preserve your charitable intent in perpetuity;
- provide added income benefits for you and your family when a life income plan is involved.
Bequests through a will are one of the most effective methods of providing for the future of StreetLightUSA while enabling you to keep assets or property during your lifetime. Naming StreetLightUSA in your will can be accomplished through an amendment called a codicil and by establishing a deferred fund through StreetLightUSA. Your estate may be entitled to an estate tax deduction for the full value of a bequest. A bequest can be in any of the following forms:
- A general bequest leaves a certain dollar amount;
- A specific bequest leaves a piece of property such as such as stock or real estate;
- A residual bequest leaves all or a portion of what remains from an estate after debts, taxes, expenses and other bequests have been paid;
- A contingent bequest leaves assets only under certain conditions.
Life insurance can be used in a variety of ways to make a gift to StreetLightUSA. For example, you can name StreetLightUSA as a beneficiary of a policy, thereby securing an estate tax deduction. Alternatively, you can obtain an income tax deduction by donating either a paid-up policy or one on which premiums remain to be paid (regardless of whether the policy is new or was acquired in years past). Life insurance can also be used to preserve the legacy passed on to your heirs by replacing other assets previously donated to charity.
Life Income Plans
Life income plans offer a way for you to receive income for life, gain an immediate charitable tax deduction and leave an everlasting legacy to StreetLightUSA. Additionally, life income plans can:
- provide charitable gift deductions;
- significantly reduce or even eliminate capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated property;
- improve income from low-yield, high-value assets;
- offer effective and flexible retirement planning options;
- remove gifted assets from your taxable estate;
- provide income for life for you and your family.
For further information please contact us at Giving@streetlightusa.org.
StreetLightUSA is a recognized public charitable entity under the section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Our Tax ID Number is 26-4359672.